What is Kristian Thinkin?

Kristian Thinkin, pronounced Christian Thinking, is a complilation of thoughts and questions about faith, life, and God.

In 1THESS 5:21 prove all things; hold fast that which is good. In other words it is not wrong to question all things. When we think through things, persuing truth, God does not dissappoint us and our faith is stronger for it. This blog is just that. Questions and thoughts. Some with answers, some that are open ended. Enjoy and keep an open mind.

Friday, July 11, 2008

What Iv'e learned in 296 Days

296 days ago my husband began his first day of being clean from drugs. 296 days seems so small on paper, but I feel like I've lived a lifetime since then.

I've learned that money will always come and go, it is not the end of the world when you have less of it.

I've learned that God provides in ways that we never thought he would.

I've learned that we can live on much less than we thought was possible.

I've learned that "recovery" is a family process. Each person learns to recover from the effects of drugs in their life, not just the addict.

I've learned that I can make it alone if I have to because God promises to care for me.

I've learned that when you lean hard into God when your world is falling apart He is more than faithful to come to your rescue and not just repair but restore.

I've learned that God doesn't just restore, He gives you more blessing than you can take!

I've learned that children are the mirror of Gods forgiveness.

I've seen neglected children blossom and grow from their father's new found faith and love.

Where there was only death and complete despair God has turned into ABUNDANT life, joy, peace, growth.

I've learned that I love who I am again.

I am learning that a house is only walls and a roof, a home is family.

I am learning that giving God your tithe is freeing and not frightening.

I am learning that there is no greater power than the power of Gods perfect Love.

I KNOW that God never disappoints, will never let me down, will never forget about me.

And I'm still learning...

1 comment:

Cheryl Russell said...

Awesome! I will keep your family in my prayers!